Juckas Stables is a horse farm situated on 115 acres in the beautiful Hudson Valley. Juckas Stables provides tourists and locals unique activities with horses since 1965. The Juckas Stables business model centers around horseback rides tailored to the novice or seasoned rider. Juckas Stables also offers summer camps, lessons and occasional specialty rides.
Juckas Stables is seeking an individual or couple to serve as part-time Barn Manager. Our business has been established for over 50 years and has been primarily trail rides on our 115 acre farm located in the Hudson Valley, 1.5 hours north of NYC.
WRANGLER WANTED – POSITION DESCRIPTION
A wrangler is dedicated to providing the best possible experience for their guests. This includes maintaining the health of horses; ensuring a safe riding environment by being observant, providing instruction, and communicating effectively; creating a fun riding atmosphere by appearing relaxed while remaining attentive.
Juckas Stables is committed to providing a safe, fun, enjoyable ride to everyone seeking to enjoy horseback riding.
Desired Personal Skills:
- Excellent customer service, self-management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to perform tasks to completion in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate courteously, efficiently and effectively with clients and staff
- Positive, fun attitude while maintaining a professional manner
- Desire to work with all types of people with patience. (Children to Adults)
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility & trustworthiness.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Initiative and problem solving skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Strong love for the outdoors and a desire immerse oneself in it
- Ability to combine a strong work ethic with a good sense of humor
Responsibilities and Requirements Include (Not limited to):
- Excellent riding skills.
- Knowledge of equine behavior and proper handling, including care & feeding.
- Willingness to learn new methods and practices.
- Daily horse care, tack maintenance, tacking and untacking horses.
- Greeting Guests, assisting with mounting and dismounting, taking out rides, giving lessons etc
- Basic ranch maintenance ( minor fence work, barn & grounds keeping, ensuring a tidy appearance)
- Valid driver’s license and transportation
- Satisfactory background check
- Professional and personal references
- Flexible Schedule and availability including weekends and holidays
- Must represent Juckas Stables in a positive and professional manner
Minimum Wage + Tips to start