Juckas Stables is a horse farm situated on 115 acres in the beautiful Hudson Valley. Juckas Stables has provided tourists and locals unique activities with horses since 1965. The Juckas Stables business model centers around providing safe, fun experiences with horses for the public. Juckas Stables offers trail rides, lessons, birthday parties, after school programs, summer camps, occasional specialty rides and occasional special events.
Call our barn manager Nicholle at 845 361 1429 or email us at [email protected]
WRANGLER WANTED – POSITION DESCRIPTION
Juckas Stables wranglers are expected to be dedicated to providing the best possible experience for their guests. This includes maintaining the health of horses; ensuring a safe riding environment by being observant, providing instruction, and communicating effectively; creating a fun riding atmosphere by appearing relaxed while remaining attentive.
Juckas Stables is committed to providing a safe, fun, enjoyable ride to everyone seeking to enjoy horseback riding.
Responsibilities and Requirements Include (Not limited to):
- Excellent riding skills.
- Knowledge of equine behavior and proper handling, including care & feeding.
- Willingness to learn new methods and practices.
- Daily horse care, tack maintenance, tacking and untacking horses.
- Greeting Guests, assisting with mounting and dismounting, taking out rides, giving lessons etc
- Ability to work with computerized reservation system
- Basic ranch maintenance (fence work, barn & grounds keeping, ensuring a tidy appearance)
- Valid driver’s license and transportation
- Satisfactory background check
- Professional and personal references
- Flexible Schedule and availability including weekends and holidays
- Must represent Juckas Stables in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Desired Personal Skills:
- Excellent customer service, self-management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to perform tasks to completion in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate courteously, efficiently and effectively with clients and staff
- Positive, fun attitude while maintaining a professional manner
- Desire to work with all types of people with patience. (Children to Adults)
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, patience & trustworthiness.
- Initiative and problem-solving skills
- A strong love for the outdoors and a desire immerse oneself in it
- Ability to combine a strong work ethic with a good sense of humor
Minimum Wage + Tips to start. Additional perks after 3 months of employment.