There is so much more to enjoy about horses than just riding them. Come join us for Breakfast at Juckas Stables.
- Weekday Earn a Badge
- Weekend Earn a Badge
Earn your troop’s Horseback Riding Badge!
Join us at Juckas Stables to earn your troop’s Horseback Riding Badge. We’ll teach your troop how to understand horse behavior, groom a horse, ride a horse and go for a short trail ride.
In this Badge Training we’ll cover:
- Horse Safety
- Horse Body Language
- Grooming & Tacking
- How to mount and ride a horse
- Trail Ride
Picnic tables are available for use before or after your event.
- Please have Scouts wear long pants, closed toe shoes and bring water bottles. They may bring their bicycle helmet to use while riding or they may borrow one of our riding helmets.
- You may want to apply sunscreen and bug spray in summer weather and dress ready for cold or rainy weather the rest of the year.
- Days & Time is flexible and can be tailored to troops needs.
- A Minimum of 5 Girl Scouts are needed to run this event.
- Groups of 10 or more will be split into 2 groups.